“According to the Financial Times, Catalonia is the best region for FDI in Southern Europe”
Catalonia Trade & Investment's office in Bogota
Are you a company from Colombia considering a new investment in Europe? Does your business need connections with the industrial and economic ecosystem in Barcelona-Catalonia?
From Catalonia Trade & Investment’s office in Bogota, you get tailor-made information and full support for a smooth, fast and successful set-up of operations in Barcelona-Catalonia (Southern Europe) from start to finish. We also offer personalized assistance to Catalan companies wishing to open in Colombia and find new global business opportunities.
Meet the director.
Xavier Roca Lacasa
Mr. Xavier Roca is the director of the Catalonia Trade & Investment's office in Bogota. Roca has a long professional career in the field of international business and in sectors like ICT, health or beauty. Firstly, he gained experience for a few years as a consultant at the Catalonia Trade & Investment office in Colombia. After that, he led the export department of a Catalan SME. Two more consultants complete the Bogota office, located in the main business area of the Colombian capital.
Services for Colombian companies.
Barcelona-Catalonia (Southern Europe) is an ideal region for Colombian companies to locate when they expand into Europe because of the breadth of tech, sciences, engineering, and creative talent. Furthermore, the superb quality of life makes it easy to attract top professionals to live and work in Catalonia.
From Catalonia Trade & Investment’s office in Bogota, our FDI managers will assist you personally in all the steps needed for a successful landing in Barcelona-Catalonia (Southern Europe). With us, you will get:
- Qualified support, insight, and advice to Colombian companies interested in investing in Southern Europe.
- Full, practical, up-to-date information on the legal, tax, and labor context.
- Information on costs for opening a business in Catalonia (Southern Europe) and average wages.
- Connections to the Catalan industrial and economic and ecosystem.
- In-depth information on financing and location possibilities.
- Help with the proper steps to get started in Catalonia.
- Ongoing support throughout all the phases of the investment project in Southern Europe.
- Promotion of strategic business alliances between Colombian and Catalan companies.
- Identification and location of Catalan technology partners for joint R&D and innovation projects.
- Help source suppliers, manufacturing partners, technology providers, or any other local company to fulfill a specific need.
Catalan companies in Colombia
Around 125 companies from Barcelona-Catalonia are already settled in Colombia, among them Fluidra, Grupo Planeta, Grifols, Atrevia, Cuatrecasas, Germans Boada, Puig, or Circutor.
Colombian companies in Catalonia.
MPL is a Colombian company focused on corporate eLearning solutions based on virtual reality and immersive technologies.
Location of the Catalonia Trade & Investment's office in Bogota.
The expertise of our team in Bogota lies in doing business both in Catalonia and Colombia. Contact us and we will help you grow.
Cra. 11a #94-56, Oficina 501. Centro Ejecutivo 95, Bogota, Colombia
Related news and success stories.
30 Mar 2023
Automobile Barcelona will promote sustainability with the largest selection of electrified vehicles
30 Mar 2023
Catalonia Industry Suppliers directory has identified over 5,200 industrial and technological suppliers since its launch in 2020
24 Mar 2023
Kerry Group establishes its southern European innovation hub in Barcelona
23 Mar 2023
American multinational Americold invests 13 million euros in expanding its facilities in Barcelona
Our 40 international offices around the world connect the Catalan business community to over 100 markets, while locally attending firms interested in investing and doing business in Catalonia.