“According to the Financial Times, Catalonia is the best region for FDI in Southern Europe”
Catalonia Trade & Investment's office in Zagreb
Are you a company from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Slovenia, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria or Hungary considering a new investment in Europe? Does your business need connections with Barcelona-Catalonia’s industrial and economic ecosystem?
From Catalonia Trade & Investment’s office in Zagreb, you get tailor-made information and full support for a smooth, fast and successful set-up of operations in Barcelona-Catalonia (Southern Europe) from start to finish. We also offer personalized assistance to Catalan companies wishing to open in these markets and find new global business opportunities.
Meet the director.
Jorge Salgado Fontcuberta
Mr. Salgado, the director of the Catalonia Trade & Investment's office in Zagreb, holds a degree in Economics from the UCM, Madrid. He completed Ph.d. courses in the Economic Analysis and Applied Economics Department at UCM while teaching Macro and Microeconomics to undergraduate students.
In 2003, he moved to Zagreb and started a career in international trade at ICEX, acting as a trade advisor for 6 years. He alternated this post with managerial posts in multinationals sited in Croatia, in the fields of entertainment, distribution and manufacturing. He has held his current position since 2017.
Services from Zagreb.
Barcelona-Catalonia (Southern Europe) is an ideal region for Croatian companies to locate when they expand into Southern Europe because of the breadth of tech, sciences, engineering, and creative talent. Furthermore, the superb quality of life makes it easy to attract top professionals to live and work in Catalonia.
From Catalonia Trade & Investment’s office in Zagreb, our FDI managers will assist you personally in all the steps needed for a successful landing in Barcelona-Catalonia (Southern Europe). With us, you will get:
- Qualified support, insight, and advice to companies interested in investing in Southern Europe.
- Full, practical, up-to-date information on the legal, tax, and labor context.
- Information on costs for opening a business in Catalonia (Southern Europe) and average wages.
- Connections to the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem.
- In-depth information on financing and location possibilities.
- Help with the proper steps to get started in Catalonia.
- Ongoing support throughout all the phases of the investment project in Southern Europe.
- Promotion of strategic business alliances with Catalan companies.
- Identification and location of Catalan technology partners for joint R&D and innovation projects.
- Help source suppliers, manufacturing partners, technology providers, or any other local company to fulfill a specific need.
Catalan companies in Croatia
A number of Catalan companies are already settled in Croatia, among them Mango, Comsa, Roca, Venair, Fluidra, Camaloon, Hotusa, Glovo, Desigual, and Equivalenza.
Location of the Catalonia Trade & Investment's office in Zagreb.
Our team’s expertise lies in doing business both in Catalonia and Croatia. Contact us and we will help you grow.
Ul. Franje Petračića 4, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
Related news and success stories.
24 Mar 2023
Kerry Group establishes its southern European innovation hub in Barcelona
23 Mar 2023
American multinational Americold invests 13 million euros in expanding its facilities in Barcelona
23 Mar 2023
Siegfried strengthens its global network with a new Development Center in Barcelona
22 Mar 2023
Why VMware chose Barcelona to build a new Digital Sales Center
Our 40 international offices around the world connect the Catalan business community to over 100 markets, while locally attending firms interested in investing and doing business in Catalonia.