CATALONIA TRADE & INVESTMENT OFFICE
Are you an Australian company considering a new investment? Are you interested in investing in Catalonia? Does your business need connections with the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem?
From the Catalan Government Trade & Investment Office in Australia, you get tailor-made information and full support for a smooth, fast and successful set-up of operations in Catalonia from start to finish. we also offer personalised assistance to Catalan companies wishing to open in australian markets and find new global business opportunities.
Services to Australian Companies
- Qualified support, insight and advice to Australian companies interested in investing in Catalonia.
- Full, practical, up-to-date information on the legal, tax and labor context.
- Introduction to the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem.
- In-depth information on financing and location possibilities.
- Help with the right steps to get started in Catalonia.
- Ongoing support throughout all the phases of the investment project.
- Promotion of strategic business alliances between Australian and Catalan companies.
- Identification and location of Catalan technology partners for joint R&D and innovation projects.
- Help source suppliers, manufacturing partners, technology providers or any other local company to fulfill a specific need.
Australian Companies in Catalonia
A number of Australian companies are already settled in Catalonia. Among them Nufarm, Hot Shots Europe or Polyglot.
Catalan Companies in Australia
Many Catalan companies are already settled in Australia, among them Roca Sanitario, TSS-Transport Simulation Systems, Adasa, Werfen, Lamp, Freixenet, Fluidra, Grífols or Quadpack.
Our Team in Australia
Ms Gemma Puig, director of the Sydney office, has a degree in Contemporary History and a postgraduate degree in Management of Urban Shopping by Miguel Hernández University. She also has a Master in Public Administration from ESADE Business School and a Degree in Business Administration and Management from UOC (Universitat Oberta de Catalunya). She worked in the Agency for business competitiveness (ACCIÓ) for four years, first designing and implementing a program to accelerate entrepreneurship and new businesses, and later identifying international opportunities for small businesses. She also worked as a General Directorate of Commerce in the Government of Catalonia from 2008 to 2011.
Discover Catalonia & Barcelona
Catalonia, Region of the Future
The Financial Times sees Catalonia as the best Southern European Region of the Future in its latest report on the most attractive European locations for future investments. With more than 8,600 international companies in Catalonia, Barcelona comes first in the continent by FDI strategy and policies for attracting investors.