CATALONIA TRADE & INVESTMENT OFFICE
Are you a Korean company considering a new investment? Are you interested in investing in Catalonia? Does your business need connections with the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem?
From the Catalan Government Trade & Investment office in Seoul, you get tailor-made information and full support for a smooth, fast and successful set-up of operations in Catalonia from start to finish. We also offer personalised assistance to Catalan companies wishing to open in Korean markets and find new global business opportunities.
Services to South Korean companies
- Qualified support, insight and advice to Korean companies interested in investing in Catalonia.
- Full, practical, up-to-date information on the legal, tax and labor context.
- Introduction to the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem.
- In-depth information on financing and location possibilities.
- Help with the right steps to get started in Catalonia.
- Ongoing support throughout all the phases of the investment project.
- Promotion of strategic business alliances between Korean and Catalan companies.
- Identification and location of Catalan technology partners for joint R&D and innovation projects.
- Help source suppliers, manufacturing partners, technology providers or any other local company to fulfill a specific need.
Korean companies in Catalonia
A number of Korean companies are already settled in Catalonia. Among them Daewoo Electronics, Hanwha Solar, Hyosung Motos, LG, Miwon, Samsung, KT Corporation or Vatech. Some of them have been assessed by Catalonia Trade & Investment.
- Miwon has decided to begin its European expansion setting up a subsidiary in the town of Manresa in the centre of Catalonia. The factory will specialise in the firm’s most specialised products, providing monomers, polymers and oligomers to clients both in Europe and in the rest of the world.
- Kt corporation chose Barcelona to kick off international sales of its new technological device.
Catalan companies in South Korean
A number of Catalan companies are already settled in South Korean, among them Applus, Werfen or Punto Fa.
Our team in Seoul
Ms Hee Yeon Lee, director of Seoul office, has a degree in Business Management and Administration and she is specialized in "International Business". Along her professional career she has coordinated projects for companies in South Korea and in Australia and she has worked in several international companies of Korea.
Discover Catalonia & Barcelona
Catalonia, Region of the Future
The Financial Times sees Catalonia as the best Southern European Region of the Future in its latest report on the most attractive European locations for future investments. With more than 8,600 international companies in Catalonia, Barcelona comes first in the continent by FDI strategy and policies for attracting investors.