CATALONIA TRADE & INVESTMENT OFFICE
Are you a Southern US or a Caribbean company considering a new investment? Are you interested in investing in Catalonia? Does your business need connections with the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem?
From the Catalan Government Trade & Investment office in Miami, you get tailor-made information and full support for a smooth, fast, and successful set-up of operations in Catalonia from start to finish. We also offer personalized assistance to Catalan companies wishing to open in American markets and find new global business opportunities.
Services to Southern US or Caribbean Companies
- Qualified support, insight and advice to Southern US or Caribbean companies interested in investing in Catalonia.
- Full, practical, up-to-date information on the legal, tax and labor context.
- Introduction to the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem.
- In-depth information on financing and location possibilities.
- Help with the right steps to get started in Catalonia.
- Ongoing support throughout all the phases of the investment project.
- Promotion of strategic business alliances between Southern US or Caribbean and Catalan companies.
- Identification and location of Catalan technology partners for joint R&D and innovation projects.
- Help source suppliers, manufacturing partners, technology providers or any other local company to fulfill a specific need.
American Companies in Catalonia
Over 700 American companies are already settled in Catalonia. Among them Google, Microsoft, PepsiCo, Intel, The Knot Worldwide, Coty, Dow, General Electric, HP, IBM, Ingram, Pfizer, PPG, P&G, Gates, Sellbytel Group, or Tech Data. Some of them have been assessed by Catalonia Trade & Investment.
- Coty, perfume and cosmetic firm, invested in its plant in Granollers in a new line of roll-on deodorants.
- Booking.com, the world’s leading online hotel and accommodation reservation company, chose Barcelona for the opening of a new Customer Service Center, that operates worldwide from the Catalan capital.
- Gates, the American manufacturer of transmission belts for the automotive industry, uses an innovative manufacturing system in Catalonia. Catalonia Trade & Investment gave them support in issues related to energy efficiency and environmental impact.
- Griffith Laboratories established its new production plant in Valls. The firm is focused on the production of dry seasonings for the food industry.
- HP's global hub for the large format printing business is in Catalonia. The Global Business Centre run by the company in Sant Cugat is responsible for a number of operations in Europe and indeed worldwide. This facility also houses the firm's sales unit for Spain.
Catalan companies in the United States
Many Catalan companies are already settled in United States, among them Wallbox, Gas Natural, Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, Abertis, Grupo Catalana Occidente, Grifols, Roca or Puig.
Our team in Miami
The Catalonia Trade & Investment office in Miami is managed by Marcos González. He holds a degree in Law from the University of Barcelona and is an expert in business internationalization in the United States. He has lived in Miami since 2001 and has extensive knowledge of the region’s socio-economic dynamics. Four more consultants complete the team in Miami. The office is located in Biscayne Bay, in the Coral Gables area.
Catalonia Connects to the US
Discover Catalonia & Barcelona
Catalonia, Region of the Future
The Financial Times sees Catalonia as the best Southern European Region of the Future in its latest report on the most attractive European locations for future investments. With more than 8,900 international companies in Catalonia, Barcelona comes first in the continent by FDI strategy and policies for attracting investors.