CATALONIA TRADE & INVESTMENT OFFICE
Are you a Southern African company considering a new investment? Are you interested in investing in Catalonia? Does your business need connections with the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem?
From the Catalan Government Trade & Investment office in Johannesburg, you get tailor-made information and full support for a smooth, fast and successful set-up of operations in Catalonia from start to finish. We also offer personalised assistance to Catalan companies wishing to open in South African markets and find new global business opportunities.
Services to Southern African Companies
- Qualified support, insight and advice to Southern African companies interested in investing in Catalonia.
- Full, practical, up-to-date information on the legal, tax and labor context.
- Introduction to the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem.
- In-depth information on financing and location possibilities.
- Help with the right steps to get started in Catalonia.
- Ongoing support throughout all the phases of the investment project.
- Promotion of strategic business alliances between Southern African and Catalan companies.
- Identification and location of Catalan technology partners for joint R&D and innovation projects.
- Help source suppliers, manufacturing partners, technology providers or any other local company to fulfill a specific need.
Our Team in Johannesburg
Mr Saul Pretel, director of the Southern Africa Office, holds a Bachelor's Degree in Political Sciences from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona and for one-year period attended an International Relations exchange programme at the Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico City. Currently he is undertaking the Henley Business School MBA. He has more than 4 years experience in Southern Africa where he has worked for the public and the private sector; mainly in the infrastructure development sector. .
Discover Catalonia & Barcelona
Catalonia, Region of the Future
The Financial Times sees Catalonia as the best Southern European Region of the Future in its latest report on the most attractive European locations for future investments. With more than 8,600 international companies in Catalonia, Barcelona comes first in the continent by FDI strategy and policies for attracting investors.