CATALONIA TRADE & INVESTMENT OFFICE
Hong Kong - China
Are you a company from South China, Hong Kong or Taiwan considering a new investment? Are you interested in investing in Catalonia? Does your business need connections with the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem?
From Catalonia's Trade & Investment’s office in Hong Kong you can get a tailor-made information service and full support for a smooth, fast and successful set-up of operations in Catalonia from start to finish. We also offer personalized assistance to Catalan companies wishing to open up their business to Hong Kong and Southern China markets and finding new global business opportunities.
Services to Companies from South China, Hong Kong and Taiwan
- Qualified support, insight and advice to companies from Hong Kong, Taiwan or Southern China interested in investing in Catalonia.
- Full, practical, up-to-date information on the legal, tax and labor context.
- Introduction to the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem.
- In-depth information on financing and location possibilities.
- Help with the right steps to get started in Catalonia.
- Ongoing support throughout all the phases of the investment project.
- Promotion of strategic business alliances between companies from Hong Kong, Taiwan or Southern China and Catalan companies.
- Identification and location of Catalan technology partners for joint R&D and innovation projects.
- Help source suppliers, manufacturing partners, technology providers or any other local company to fulfill a specific need.
South China Companies in Catalonia
A number of South China companies are already settled in Catalonia. Some examples are Cronos Telecom, Silver Apex Industrial, OTS Topco, Rubies Enterprises, Speed Fair Fompany, Astronergy,Maxchief Investment, Keeway,Crown Worldwide or Hutchison Ports Holding. Cronos Telecom has been assessed by Catalonia Trade & Investment..
- Cronos Telecom has open its main European Centre in Barcelona with a Development and Monitoring Centre. Cronos has chosen the Catalan capital for its talented and competitive workforce, and the clear positioning of Barcelona as the Mobile World Capital..
Catalan companies in South China and Hong Kong
A number of Catalan companies are alredy settled in Southern China, among them CaixaBank, Roca, Punto Fa, Grupo Ferrer International, Werfen, Abasic, Indukern, Taurus or Synthesia.
Technological Cooperation Projects
Our Hong Kong office offers the possibility to contact the most relevant Catalan Technology Providers, and to identify the technology providers that fit into each business technology needs. It acts as a representative of both Catalan Technology Centres and Catalan companies in the Hong Kong market.
Technological cooperation projects with Catalan partners are an easy and fast way to access to the European market. Starting in 2012, and in order to foster technological cooperation between Hong Kong and Catalonia, we have worked on building a stronger and closer relationship with the Hong Kong Science and Technology Park (HKSTP).
This understanding has resulted in the organization of both direct and inverse missions to both regions as well as in the signature of a Memorandum of Understanding between two technological centres, ASTRI from Hong Kong and CTTC from Catalonia.
Our Hong Kong office offers two different financial instruments to foster technological cooperation among both regions: International Nuclis Program (grants Program for International R&D Projects) and TECNIOspring PLUS (ACCIÓ's fellowship programme). The office offers assistance in identifying the right Catalan partner, as well as specialized assistance on the grants scheme conditions.
Our team in hong kong
Ms Madrona Marcet, director of Hong Kong office, has a degree in Translation from the Autonomous University of Barcelona. She completed her training with a postgraduate year in Beijing at the People's University of China. She has a professional experience in different fields, including project management, development and industrialization. With sales and marketing experience, she has led portfolios of several major customers in China, Japan, Malaysia and Singapore.
Discover Catalonia & Barcelona
Catalonia, Region of the Future
The Financial Times sees Catalonia as the best Southern European Region of the Future in its latest report on the most attractive European locations for future investments. With more than 8,600 international companies in Catalonia, Barcelona comes first in the continent by FDI strategy and policies for attracting investors.