“According to the Financial Times, Catalonia is the best region for FDI in Southern Europe”
Catalonia Trade & Investment's office in Nairobi
Are you a company from Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia or Uganda considering a new investment in Europe? Does your business need connections with Barcelona-Catalonia’s industrial and economic ecosystem?
From Catalonia Trade & Investment’s office in Nairobi, you get tailor-made information and full support for a smooth, fast and successful set-up of operations in Barcelona-Catalonia (Southern Europe) from start to finish. We also offer personalized assistance to Catalan companies wishing to open in these African markets and find new global business opportunities.
Meet the director.
Robert Bach Casanovas
Mr. Robert Bach Casanovas, Director of the Catalonia Trade & Investment's office in Nairobi, has a degree in Business Management and a Master in International Relations, specializing in economic development and African studies. With 15 years of experience in international consulting, he has participated actively in the management of development projects and in the promotion of foreign trade and investment in sub-Saharan African countries. He set up the Catalonia Trade & Investment's office in Nairobi in 2017.
Services for African companies.
Barcelona-Catalonia (Southern Europe) is an ideal region for companies from Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia or Uganda to locate when they expand into Europe because of the breadth of tech, sciences, engineering, and creative talent. Furthermore, the superb quality of life makes it easy to attract top professionals to live and work in Catalonia.
From Catalonia Trade & Investment’s office in Nairobi, our team will assist you personally in all the steps needed for a successful landing in Barcelona-Catalonia (Southern Europe). With us, you will get:
- Qualified support, insight, and advice to African companies interested in investing in Southern Europe.
- Full, practical, up-to-date information on the legal, tax, and labor context.
- Information on costs for opening a business in Catalonia (Southern Europe) and average wages.
- Connections to the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem.
- In-depth information on financing and location possibilities.
- Help with the proper steps to get started in Catalonia.
- Ongoing support throughout all the phases of the investment project in Southern Europe.
- Promotion of strategic business alliances between African and Catalan companies.
- Identification and location of Catalan technology partners for joint R&D and innovation projects.
- Help source suppliers, manufacturing partners, technology providers, or any other local company to fulfill a specific need.
Catalan companies in Kenya
A few but growing number of Catalan companies are established in Kenya, such as Glovo, Mango, Mediapro, Seidor, or TTA Trama Tecno Ambiental.
Location of the Catalonia Trade & Investment's office in Nairobi.
Our team’s expertise lies in doing business both in Catalonia and African markets. Contact us and we will help you grow.
Ikigai Nairobi, Box 1093, Westlands, 00606 General Mathenge Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
Related news and success stories.
24 Mar 2023
Kerry Group establishes its southern European innovation hub in Barcelona
23 Mar 2023
American multinational Americold invests 13 million euros in expanding its facilities in Barcelona
23 Mar 2023
Siegfried strengthens its global network with a new Development Center in Barcelona
22 Mar 2023
Why VMware chose Barcelona to build a new Digital Sales Center
Our 40 international offices around the world connect the Catalan business community to over 100 markets, while locally attending firms interested in investing and doing business in Catalonia.