Are you a japanese company considering a new investment? are you interested in investing in catalonia? does your business need connections with the catalan industrial and economic ecosystem?
From the catalan government trade & investment office in tokyo, you get tailor-made information and full support for a smooth, fast and successful set-up of operations in catalonia from start to finish. we also offer personalised assistance to catalan companies wishing to open in japanese markets and find new global business opportunities.
Services to japanese companies
- qualified support, insight and advice to japanese companies interested in investing in catalonia.
- full, practical, up-to-date information on the legal, tax and labor context.
- introduction to the catalan industrial and economic ecosystem.
- in-depth information on financing and location possibilities.
- help with the right steps to get started in catalonia.
- ongoing support throughout all the phases of the investment project.
- promotion of strategic business alliances between japanese and catalan companies.
- identification and location of catalan technology partners for joint r&d and innovation projects.
- help source suppliers, manufacturing partners, technology providers or any other local company to fulfill a specific need.
Japanese companies in catalonia
More than 100 japanese companies are already settled in catalonia. among them rakuten, denso, kao, dic corporation, sekisui chemicals, epson, fujitsu,daikin, nissan, asahi glass or ricoh. some of them have been assessed by catalonia trade & investment.
- Fujitsu set up an international sales centre for western europe along with a training centre in barcelona with an estimated 300 jobs being created.
- Ricoh established a shared services centre in sant cugat to centralize the company’s administrative services for the emea area.
- the e-commerce group Rakuten established its spanish headquarters in barcelona to launch its platform for selling products through the internet.
Catalan companies in japan
A number of catalan companies are already settled in japan, some of them are Werfenlife, Ficosa, Applus, Freixenet, Abasic, Punto fa, tous, Codorniu, Newsercal or comforsa.
Our team in tokyo
Ms Yuko Kijimoto, director of Tokyo office, is graduated in Law and International Relations by the Sophia University. She began her career in Fanuc Co., the world's leading manufacturer of industrial robots. Since 1988 she has been working to attract Japanese investment to Catalonia.