Are you a company from germany, austria or switzerland considering a new investment? are you interested in investing in catalonia? does your business need connections with the catalan industrial and economic ecosystem?
From the catalan government trade & investment office in stuttgart, you get tailor-made information and full support for a smooth, fast and successful set-up of operations in catalonia from start to finish. we also offer personalised assistance to catalan companies wishing to open in german markets and find new global business opportunities.
Services to german, austria and swiss companies
- qualified support, insight and advice to german companies interested in investing in catalonia.
- full, practical, up-to-date information on the legal, tax and labor context.
- introduction to the catalan industrial and economic ecosystem.
- in-depth information on financing and location possibilities.
- help with the right steps to get started in catalonia.
- ongoing support throughout all the phases of the investment project.
- promotion of strategic business alliances between german and catalan companies.
- identification and location of catalan technology partners for joint r&d and innovation projects.
- help source suppliers, manufacturing partners, technology providers or any other local company to fulfill a specific need.
German companies in catalonia
A number of german companies are already settled in catalonia. among them allianz, basf, bayer, boehringer ingelheim, bosch, brose, continental automotive, dhl, haribo, henkel, kostal, mahle, merck, menshen, siemens, würth, linde, lidl or audi-wolkswagen. some of them have been assessed by catalonia trade & investment.
- Continental automotive has a production line in its rubí factory in order to produce parts for electric motors. the german group recieved support from catalonia trade & investment.
- Henkel invested to build two new laboratories and a spin-off, afinitica, which is mainly engaged in researching new materials and concepts to create adhesive products. infrastructures and talent and qualified researchers played a key role in henkel’s decision.
- Basf has its spanish headquarters in barcelona and manufactures liquid fungicides for sustainable agriculture in tarragona. other production centers include the zona franca (barcelona’s industrial area), l’hospitalet de llobregat, castellbisbal and rubí.
Our team in stuttgart
Mr Martí Adroher, director of Stuttgart office, has a law degree (UPF) in political science and administration (UB) and has a master's degree in international relations from the Freie Universität Berlin (Free University of Berlin). He has worked in the public sector and the private sector. Throughout his career he has specialised in business internationalization, procurement and business development strategies.