Are you a Chinese company considering a new investment? Are you interested in investing in Catalonia? Does your business need connections with the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem?
From the Catalan Government Trade & Investment office in Shanghai, you get tailor-made information and full support for a smooth, fast and successful set-up of operations in Catalonia from start to finish. We also offer personalised assistance to Catalan companies wishing to open in China market and find new business opportunities.
Services to Chinese Companies
- Qualified support, insight and advice to Chinese companies interested in investing in Catalonia.
- Full, practical, up-to-date information on the legal, tax and labor context.
- Introduction to the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem.
- In-depth information on financing and location possibilities.
- Help with the right steps to get started in Catalonia.
- Ongoing support throughout all the phases of the investment project.
- Promotion of strategic business alliances between Chinese and Catalan companies.
- Identification and location of Catalan technology partners for joint R&D and innovation projects.
- Help source suppliers, manufacturing partners, technology providers or any other local company to fulfill a specific need.
Chinese Companies in Catalonia
A number of Chinese companies have already settled in Catalonia. Among them are Air China, Asus, Benq, China Construction Bank, Cosco Iberia, Cronos, D-Link, Haier, Keeway, Lenovo, Bluestar Silicones, Kerry Logistics, Baosteel, CCIC, Minmetals,ICBC, Huawei and Bright Food Group. Some of them have been assessed by Catalonia Trade & Investment.
- Lenovo opened new sales centre in Barcelona to serve over 13,000 medium-sized companies in Southern Europe, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.
- The China Construction Bank (CCB) set up offices in Barcelona as its base of operations.
- China Certification & Inspection Group-CCIC established its first European Certification Lab in L’Hospitalet. The company has also signed a collaboration agreement with ACCIÓ to promote business and trade between Catalonia and China.
Catalan companies in China
More than 200 Catalan companies have already settled in China and many of them headquartered in Shanghai. Among them are Grifols, Roca Sanitario, Ficosa International, Freixenet, Applus Servicios Tecnológicos, Torres, Mango and Applus Idiada.
Our Team in Shangai
Ms Xue Taowen, director of Shanghai office, is graduated from Shanghai Institute of Foreign Trade with a major in International Marketing and she completed an MBA from Instituto de Empresa (IE) in Madrid. She has acquired extensive experience on how Western companies operate in Asia and how Chinese companies go abroad in wide range of sectors.