Are you a UK company considering a new investment? Are you interested in investing in Catalonia? Does your business need connections with the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem?
From the Catalan Government Trade & Investment office in London, you get tailor-made information and full support for a smooth, fast and successful set-up of operations in Catalonia from start to finish. We also offer personalised assistance to Catalan companies wishing to open in British markets and find new global business opportunities
Services to UK Companies
- Qualified support, insight and advice to UK companies interested in investing in Catalonia.
- Full, practical, up-to-date information on the legal, tax and labor context.
- Introduction to the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem.
- In-depth information on financing and location possibilities.
- Help with the right steps to get started in Catalonia.
- Ongoing support throughout all the phases of the investment project.
- Promotion of strategic business alliances between UK and Catalan companies.
- Identification and location of Catalan technology partners for joint R&D and innovation projects.
- Help source suppliers, manufacturing partners, technology providers or any other local company to fulfill a specific need.
UK Companies in Catalonia
Over 400 companies from UK are present in Catalonia, including firms such as Cellnex, Enthone, King, Linpac, Zapper, Michael Page, Northgate, CVC Nominees, Carlyle, Bupa, Imperial Tobacco, 3l Group, Smith&Nephew, Investindustrial, Reckitt Benckiser, Rentokil, Jarmac, Rexam or Rolls Royce. Some of them have been assessed by Catalonia Trade & Investment.
- Zapper set up a subsidiary in Barcelona to develope an app to pay at restaurants through a safe connection.
- King.com worldwide leader in cross-platform and famous for notable industry success stories such as Candy Crush and Bubble Witch Saga opened a development centre in Barcelona. They chose Barcelona thanks to its deeply implanted local culture of video games plus the fact that the city easily attracts talent from around the world.
Catalan Companies in UK
More than 300 Catalan companies are present in UK, many with important investments, such as Abertis, Banc Sabadell, CaixaBank, Celsa, Grifols, Mango, Relats, Roca, Puig, or Tradebe.
Our Team in London
Mr Oscar Martí, Director of the London Office, holds a degree in Political Science and International Relations by the UAB university. He also has a Double MSc in International Affairs by the London School of Economics and Political Science.