CATALONIA TRADE & INVESTMENT OFFICE
Are you a company from the US considering a new investment in Europe? Are you interested in knowing more about Barcelona and Catalonia? Does your business need connections with the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem?
From the Catalan Government Trade & Investment office in Austin, you will get tailor-made information and full support for a smooth, fast and successful set-up of operations in Catalonia from start to finish.
We also offer personalised assistance to Catalan companies wishing to connect to Austin, the capital of Texas, a landmark for startups and innovation.
Services to US companies
- Qualified support, insight and advice to US companies interested in investing in Catalonia.
- Full, practical, up-to-date information on the legal, tax and labor context.
- Introduction to the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem.
- In-depth information on financing and location possibilities.
- Help with the right steps to get started in Catalonia.
- Ongoing support throughout all the phases of the investment project.
- Promotion of strategic business alliances between US and Catalan companies.
- Identification and location of Catalan technology partners for joint R&D and innovation projects.
- Help source suppliers, manufacturing partners, technology providers or any other local company to fulfill a specific need.
American companies in Catalonia
Around 1,100 American companies are already settled in Catalonia. Among them Amazon, UPS, Microsoft, Teladoc Health, Scopely, Coty, Dow, General Electric, HP, IBM, Ingram, Lear Corporation, Mars, Pfizer, PPG, P&G, Gates, Sellbytel Group, or Tech Data. Some of them have been assessed by Catalonia Trade & Investment.
- Amazon has invested in several logistics centers near Barcelona and has set up a Seller Support Hub for the South of Europe.
- Coty, a perfume and cosmetic firm, invested in its plant in Granollers (Barcelona) in a new line of roll-on deodorants.
- UPS, a logistics company, established a new Barcelona Hub to operate in Europe.
- Gates, the American manufacturer of transmission belts for the automotive industry, uses an innovative manufacturing system in Catalonia. Catalonia Trade & Investment gave them support in issues related to energy efficiency and environmental impact.
- Griffith Foods laboratories established its new production plant in Valls. The firm is focused on the production of dry seasonings for the food industry.
- HP's global hub for the large format printing business is in Catalonia. The global business centre run by the company in Sant Cugat is responsible for a number of operations in Europe and indeed worldwide. This facility also houses the firm's sales unit for Spain.
Catalan companies in the US
Many Catalan companies are already settled in the United States, among them Gas Natural, Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, Abertis, Grupo Catalana Occidente, Grifols, Roca or Puig.
Our team in Austin
Mr. Marc Bonavia is the Director of the Austin office. Global entrepreneur who founded SITmobile (acquired by Soprano). Got inspired at Singularity University in Exponential Technologies and worked as Innovation Coach. Holds a degree in Bachelor of Pharmacy and a Master in Experimental Pharmaceutical Sciences by UB University. He also studied a Master in High Performance Leadership at EADA Business School.
Catalonia Connects to the US
Discover Catalonia & Barcelona
Catalonia, Region of the Future
The Financial Times sees Catalonia as the best Southern European Region of the Future for 2020 and 2021. With more than 8,900 international companies in Catalonia, Barcelona comes first in the continent by FDI strategy and policies for attracting investors.