With 25 years of experience in cluster policy, Catalonia has attracted key international players such as TCI Network, the global cluster practitioners’ network and the European Foundation for Cluster Excellence, as well as top-notch knowledge institutions.
Part of the Catalan multi-faceted, pro-business economic policy to promote Catalonia as a business location
Catalonia’s cluster policy is part of the Catalan multi-faceted, pro-business economic policy to promote Catalonia as a business location. Clusters bring together interconnected companies, research centres, universities and other relevant stakeholders sharing the same strategic challenges.
Clusters are often the perfect environment to gather strategic sectorial knowledge, to connect companies locally and globally, and to develop collaborative projects with enough critical mass to compete in a globalised world.
Clusters also ensure that international companies and investors can tap into the resources of a dynamic network of specialised partners and industry related suppliers, providers and associations.
Clusters in Catalonia
Currently, there are 25 clusters in Catalonia's Cluster Programme, home to 2,300 partners with a combined turnover of €69,000M.
- Gourmet Cluster - CATALONIA GOURMET
- Foodservice Cluster - FOODSERVICE CLUSTER
- Pork Meat and alternative protein Custer - INNOVACC
- Wine and Cava Cluster - INNOVI
- Packaging Cluster - PACKAGING CLUSTER
- Automotive Industry Cluster -CIAC
- Logistics and Intermodal Mobility Cluster - IN-MOVE
- Motorcycle cluster - Clustermoto
- Advanced Materials Cluster - CLÚSTER MAV
- Agricultural Production Means - FEMAC
- Light Technologies Cluster - SECPHO
WATER AND ENERGY
- Cluster of Interior Design in Residential and Contract - CENFIM
- Fashion Textiles Cluster - MODACC
- Lighting Cluster - CICAT
- Leather Cluster - LEATHER CLUSTER BARCELONA
- Biotechnology & Healthtech Cluster - CATALONIABIO & HEALTHTECH CLUSTER
- Mental Health Cluster - CLÚSTER SALUT MENTAL