We’ve got a university for that
Catalonia is home to some of the best universities in Europe and produces a huge number of talented professionals yearly.
- 12 universities
- 591 degrees
- 687 Master’s programs
Furthermore, the public Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya - BarcelonaTech (UPC) ranks 1st in Europe in scientific production in the field of Mathematics and Computer Sciences, while the Pompeu Fabra University is also considered the 15th best young university in the world, 7th in Europe and 1st in Spain.
Another public university, the University of Barcelona, is also considered the 7th best in Europe. Our university education is also backed up by an efficient vocational dual training system closely connected to market needs. All in all, we can safely say that we have one of the most skilled workforces in Europe, and Catalonia is one of the best places to work in Europe.
We don’t just know how to do business; we know how to teach it too
Barcelona is Europe’s only city with three business schools–IESE Business School, ESADE, and EADA Business School – in the 1st, 3rd, and 16th positions of the global Top 25 Business Schools.
According to the Financial Times Executive Education Ranking 2023:
- IESE Business School ranks first globally in the open-enrolment ranking and second in the combined table.
- IESE Business School, EADA Business School, and ESADE are among the 25 top best Business Schools in the world.
And across the boards, the numerous Catalan business schools have a well-earned reputation internationally for producing excellent business talent, meaning that international students in MBA courses have a significant presence.
Talent attracts talent
Qualified talent recruitment in Barcelona and Catalonia is easy. As seen above, local talent abounds, but a combination of a dynamic professional atmosphere, a great lifestyle, and even better career possibilities make us a magnet for skilled foreign professionals.
- Barcelona is one of the best cities to work in Europe.
- The capital of Catalonia ranks among the top 10 cities in the world to work abroad.
- Barcelona is also the 5th European city in creative and knowledge-based jobs.
- With international residents making up 15% of the population, the cultural diversity and cosmopolitan character mean global business fits right in from day one.
A global hub for tech professionals
International tech talent in Barcelona and Catalonia is here to stay, where they can find some of the best job opportunities in Spain. On average, they fill some 30% of all positions in ICT technology sectors, especially in cybersecurity, Big Data, and app development. Some of the best tech programs in Spain and the world can also be found here, where Barcelona’s ISDI Coders is named as having the 2021 Best Coding Bootcamp globally.