With 25 years of experience in cluster policy, Catalonia has attracted key international players such as Tci-network, the global cluster practitioners’ network and the European Foundation for Cluster Excellence, as well as top-notch knowledge institutions.
Part of the Catalan multi-faceted, pro-business economic policy to promote Catalonia as a business location
Catalonia’s cluster policy is part of the Catalan multi-faceted, pro-business economic policy to promote Catalonia as a business location. Clusters bring together interconnected companies, research centres, universities and other relevant stakeholders sharing the same strategic challenges. Clusters are often the perfect environment to gather strategic sectorial knowledge, to connect companies locally and globally, and to develop collaborative projects with enough critical mass to compete in a globalised world.
Clusters also ensure that international companies and investors can tap into the resources of a dynamic network of specialised partners and industry related suppliers, providers and associations.
Clusters in Catalonia
Currently, there are 30 clusters in Catalonia's Cluster Programme, home to 2,200 firms and 250,000 workers accounting for a turnover of 70 billion euros.
- Nutrition and Health Cluster - AINS
- Gourmet Cluster - CATALONIA GOURMET
- Foodservice Cluster -FOODSERVICE CLUSTER
- Pork Meat Cluster - INNOVACC
- Wine and Cava Cluster - INNOVI
- Food Packaging Cluster - PACKAGING CLUSTER
- Automotive Industry Cluster -CIAC
- Railway Cluster -RAILGRUP
- Catalonia Logistics -Catalonia Logistics
- Advanced Materials Cluster - CLUSTER MAV
- Agricultural Production Means - FEMAC
- Light Technologies Cluster - SECPHO
WATER AND ENERGY
- Efficient Energy Cluster - CEEC
- Water Cluster - CWP
- Hub Biomassa - BIOMASSA
- Solar Power Cluster - SOLARTYS
- Furniture Cluster - CENFIM
- Home Products Cluster - HABITAT CLUSTER BARCELONA
- Fashion Textiles Cluster - MODACC
- Cluster of home & building automation and Smart Cities - DOMOTYS
- Lighting Cluster - CICAT
- Biotechnology & Healthtech Cluster - CATALONIABIO & HEALTHTECH CLUSTER
- Mental Health Cluster - CLUSTER SALUT MENTAL