Join the Argentinian Hub in Barcelona. Be connected
Catalonia Trade & Investment is pleased to announce the opening of the application for our Road to Barcelona “Join the Argentinian Hub in Barcelona” Program. Our program has the unique purpose to provide support to Argentinian startup teams from Cordoba, Santa Fe and Mendoza provinces. One company will be selected from each province. We invite you to apply with your great ideas and join the diverse community of the Catalonia & Barcelona Startup Hub
One of Europe’s most dynamic startup ecosystems
Barcelona is one of Europe’s most dynamic startup ecosystems, especially in the field of new technologies (Internet, Mobile Software & Services, e-commerce, Big Data and Tourism), thanks to multiple factors that have given the city over 1,200 startups with ambition and global vision.
The startup economy in Catalonia employs some 11,700 people. Barcelona is the 5th European region in terms of startups according to several renowned international rankings such as EU-Startups and Startup Heatmap Europe, among others. EU-Startups places Barcelona behind London, Paris, Berlin and Amsterdam. It has become a clear benchmark in Europe in the creation of new companies, especially those with a technological base.
What we offer
We offer a 6 months long Program in Barcelona for 3 selected start-ups, from january to june 2019. They will work closely with our ACCIO Startup team to get them ready to access to the European Market.
Aspects that we will take into account when selecting
- Potential of the company: the number of current clients will be assessed, the number of potential clients, if you have a defined growth plan. Weight of the criterion: 20%
- Entrepreneurial team: format, as a minimum, of two people (partners or not) dedicated full time. The number of people involved in the project, level of dedication, complementarity of profiles and promoter partners will be valued. Weight of the criterion: 30%
- Innovative business model: The level of innovation, novelty and originality of the product, service or application to the market and the possibilities of future development will be valued. The internal and external process of the organization will also be valued. Criterion weight: 25%
- Access to the market: the invoicing volume of the last year closed or, if necessary, of the amount recorded at the end of the second quarter of 2018 and the billing increments recorded during the last five months from the presentation of the request will be valued. Weight of the criterion: 10%
- Internationalization: the international scalability of the company will be valued, the fact that it is exporting and that it has a very identified target market or with the imminent will to do so. Weight of the criterion: 15%
Who can apply?
- A company with a CUIT established in Mendoza, Cordoba or Santa Fe Province.
- A recently established company with a product ready to sell and with less than 10 years.
- A scalable company with high growth potential.
- Founded by ambitous entrepreneurs, highly committed to growth.
- Highly innovative or technological.
- Globally market focused.
- Have a company VAT-No. (proposals from self-employed people are not accepted).
- Should NOT merely be a consultancy/agency or developing software/apps only for others. Should not be just a website/landing page that lacks activity either.
- Deadline: Apply Now until Friday, September 28th, 2018, 10:00 PM from Barcelona
- 1st Round Results Announcement: Tuesday, October 16th, 2018
- 2nd Round In-Person Presentations: Tuesday, October 30th, 2018 - Tuesday, Novembrer 6th, 2018
- Final Results Announcement: Tuesday, November 13th, 2018 (Results will be placed on our website and notifications sent only to selected teams).
Note: Please note that the schedule may be subject to change without notice. ACCIÓ reserves the right to change any requirements or terms as needed and without notice.