Catalonia has historically been a place with a flair for business and this has given it a solid and varied economy. In fact, Catalonia can boast more economic diversification than many other areas in Europe, combining traditional industrial sectors with new emerging business areas.
Setting up business in Catalonia is straightforward but it gets even easier if you receive first-hand details on the local steps and procedures. Our success lies in offering a pro-business approach and tailor-made solutions.
To include your company in the Barcelona & Catalonia Startup Hub, please provide us with some details. The Government of Catalonia reserves the right to not include in this directory a company that does not qualify as a startup.
In order to be included in this directory your company should meet the following requirements:
1) A recently established company with a product ready to sell (except Biotech) and with less than 10 years.
2) A scalable company with high growth potential. (see FAQs for an explanation on scalability).
3) Founded by ambitous entrepreneurs, highly committed to growth.
4) Highly innovative or technological.
5) Globally market focused.
6) Have a company VAT-No. (proposals from self-employed people are not accepted).
7) Should NOT merely be a consultancy/agency or developing software/apps only for others. Should not be just a website/landing page that lacks activity either.