CATALONIA TRADE & INVESTMENT OFFICE
Are you a US West Coast-Based company considering a new investment? Are you interested in investing in Catalonia? Does your business need connections with the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem?
From the Catalan Government Trade & Investment office in Silicon Valley, you get tailor-made information and full support for a smooth, fast and successful set-up of operations in catalonia from start to finish. We also offer personalised assistance to Catalan companies wishing to open in American markets and find new global business opportunities.
Services to us West Coast-Based companies
- Qualified support, insight and advice to US companies interested in investing in Catalonia.
- Full, practical, up-to-date information on the legal, tax and labor context.
- Introduction to the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem.
- In-depth information on financing and location possibilities.
- Help with the right steps to get started in Catalonia.
- Ongoing support throughout all the phases of the investment project.
- Promotion of strategic business alliances between US and Catalan companies.
- Identification and location of Catalan technology partners for joint R&D and innovation projects.
- Help source suppliers, manufacturing partners, technology providers or any other local company to fulfill a specific need.
American companies in catalonia
Over 700 American companies are already settled in Catalonia. Among them Air products, Cargill, Coty, Dow, General Electric, HP, IBM, Ingram, Lear Corporation, Mars, Pfizer, PPG, P&G, Gates, Sellbytel Group, or Tech Data. Some of them have been assessed by Catalonia Trade & Investment.
- Coty, a perfume and cosmetic firm, invested in its plant in Granollers in a new line of roll-on deodorants.
- Booking.com, the world’s leading online hotel and accommodation reservation company, chose Barcelona for the opening of a new customer service center, that operates worldwide from the Catalan capital.
- Gates, the American manufacturer of transmission belts for the automotive industry, uses an innovative manufacturing system in Catalonia. Catalonia Trade & Investment gave them support in issues related to energy efficiency and environmental impact.
- Griffith laboratories established its new production plant in Valls. The firm is focused on the production of dry seasonings for the food industry.
- Hp's global hub for the large format printing business is in Catalonia. The global business centre run by the company in Sant Cugat is responsible for a number of operations in Europe and indeed worldwide. This facility also houses the firm's sales unit for Spain.
Catalan companies in United States
Many Catalan companies are already settled in United States, among them Gas Natural, Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, Abertis, Grupo Catalana Occidente, Grifols, Roca or Puig.
Our team in Silicon Valley
Mr. Marc Bonavia, Director of the Silicon Valley Office. Global entrepreneur who founded SITmobile (acquired by Soprano). Got inspired at Singularity University in Exponential Technologies and worked as Innovation Coach. Holds a degree in Bachelor of Pharmacy and a Master in Experimental Pharmaceutical Sciences by UB University. He also studied a Master in High Performance Leadership at EADA Business School.
Catalonia Connects to US
Discover Catalonia & Barcelona
Catalonia, Region of the Future
The Financial Times sees Catalonia as the best Southern European Region of the Future in its latest report on the most attractive European locations for future investments. With more than 8,600 international companies in Catalonia, Barcelona comes first in the continent by FDI strategy and policies for attracting investors.