CATALONIA TRADE & INVESTMENT OFFICE
Are you an Italian company considering a new investment? Are you interested in investing in Catalonia? Does your business need connections with the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem?
From the Catalan Government Trade & Investment office in Milan, you get tailor-made information and full support for a smooth, fast and successful set-up of operations in Catalonia from start to finish. We also offer personalised assistance to Catalan companies wishing to open in Italian markets and find new global business opportunities.
Services to Italian Companies
- Qualified support, insight and advice to Italian companies interested in investing in Catalonia.
- Full, practical, up-to-date information on the legal, tax and labor context.
- Introduction to the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem.
- In-depth information on financing and location possibilities.
- Help with the right steps to get started in Catalonia.
- Ongoing support throughout all the phases of the investment project.
- Promotion of strategic business alliances between Italian and Catalan companies.
- Identification and location of Catalan technology partners for joint R&D and innovation projects.
- Help source suppliers, manufacturing partners, technology providers or any other local company to fulfill a specific need.
Italian Companies in Catalonia
Over 500 Italian companies are already settled in Catalonia. Among them Angelini, Generali, Calzedonia, Campari, Ferrero, Prysmian, Maschiopack Ibérica, Pharmafin Spa, Geox, Magneti Marelli, Mediaset, MaxMara, Panini, Pavia e Ansaldo, Co.Mark or Menarini. Some of them have been assessed by Catalonia Trade & Investment.
- The Italian law firm Pavia e Ansaldo opened in Barcelona its first office in southern Europe outside Italy. The location process received the support of Catalonia Trade & Investment
- Co.Mark chose Barcelona to open its first office outside Italy.
- Maschiopack Ibérica, part of a major Italian group, invested in a new industrial packaging plant near Tarragona.
Catalan Companies in Italy
More than 400 Catalan companies are already settled in Italy, some of them are Gas Natural, Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, Cobega, Grifols, Puig, Ficosa, Almirall, Applus, Desigual, Mango, Esteve or Laboratorios Uriach Aquilea.
Our Team in Milan
Mr Lluís Polo, director of Milan office, graduated in Law at the University of Barcelona. He completed doctoral studies in International Law at the Universities of Barcelona and Poitiers, and a postgraduate PDD at IESE in Barcelona. He worked as a General Manager in Sabadell Manufacturers and has experience in textile industry business associations. After acquiring experience in the trade committee of the Spanish Embassy in Italy, he worked as a consultant for European markets.
Catalonia Connects to Italy
Discover Catalonia & Barcelona
Catalonia, Region of the Future
The Financial Times sees Catalonia as the best Southern European Region of the Future in its latest report on the most attractive European locations for future investments. With more than 8,600 international companies in Catalonia, Barcelona comes first in the continent by FDI strategy and policies for attracting investors.