Catalonia Invest in Catalonia
Issue 4 Thursday 26th September 2013
ACCI� ACCI� ACCI�

EXPORTS AND FOREIGN INVESTMENTS SET THE BASES FOR FUTURE RECOVERY

F�rum Inversi� 2016

In 2012 Catalan GDP fell 1.8%, while industrial GVA fared a little better, falling 1.1%, in line with the decline occurring in the Eurozone. In Spain the level of total industrial GVA decline came to 2.9%. Why was this trend less negative in Catalonia? The answer can mainly be found in the foreign sector.