February 2015.- Barcelona China's European Logistics Center, BARCELOC, is a joint initiative by Catalonia Trade & Investment and the Port of Barcelona to support Chinese companies that want to use Barcelona as a hub for their logistics and commercial operations in Europe and/or the Mediterranean area. It is supported by the Port of Barcelona network and Invest in Catalonia in China (Shanghai, Hong Kong and Beijing) and other parts of the world. It also enjoys the support of logistics operators and other members (research centres, universities, engineering and consulting firms, government agencies and professional organisations) from the logistics cluster of Barcelona/Catalonia.
BARCELOC is a business-oriented public service, offering customized and tailor-made orientation on potential investments in Barcelona/Catalonia. The service is free-of-charge and rendered neutrally and confidentially. Support is provided during the period in which the decision is being considered, and also, upon request, during all the execution phases.
BARCELOC helps Chinese companies
BARCELOC can help you improve your European & Mediterranean distribution networks:
- if you are an industrial or commercial company that wants to start your logistics distribution in Europe/the Mediterranean/Africa
- if you are already distributing in Europe/the Mediterranean/Africa and want to analyze how toimprove your logistics distribution
- if you are a logistics operator looking for a local partner or wanting to start up your own business in Barcelona/Catalonia
- if your company is already operating in Barcelona/Spain and needs help to set up a particular implementation project in Barcelona/Catalonia
BARCELOC services are free
BARCELOC offers expert know-how, guidance, support and after-care to launch a new project.
- Tailor-made and confidential information on all aspects related to the analysis of a possible establishment in Barcelona/Catalonia (availability of logistics space, land and sea network connectivity to Europe, the Mediterranean and the rest of the world, etc).
- Support in defining the logistical requirements and advice for finding potential logistics partners, with a neutral approach (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Guidance in choosing the most appropriate logistics operator (which may include help in defining the technical specifications and participation in meetings with candidates).
- Additional help in running the logistics project and in business-related issues such as administration, employment, tax, fundraising and grants, among others.
Why choose Barcelona as a logistics center for your company?
- Infrastructures and communications
Barcelona is a unique and seamless logistics & business hub, including airport, port, logistics areas, near the city. From Barcelona a logistics network can reach 400 millions consumers in Europe and the Mediterranean/Africa in less than 48 hours with savings between 10-15% in distribution costs compared to serving these markets from northern Europe.
- Industrial specialization
Specialized supply chain solutions are available for chemical, automotive and food and drink sectors, which account for over 50% of the Catalan growing exports. There are global logistics operators with capability to organize and manage distribution networks and added value specialized services. There are also clusters with international distribution networks in the industrial and consumer sectors: industrial equipment, optics, lighting, fashion, furniture…
- Competitive conditions
Catalonia offers available skilled workforce at competitive labor costs. Spain has a favorable tax regime in relation to other European countries like Holland or Luxemburg and Barcelona serves as a solid base for operations with South America.
BARCELOC’s promotion activities for this 2015 include giving presentations, visiting enterprises and attending international fairs and exhibitions.