About Barcelona & Catalonia Startup Hub
The Government of Catalonia has created this directory with a view to promoting startups internationally and helping them grow. Moreover, one of the objectives pursued is positioning the Catalan startup ecosystem worldwide; as part of the global competition amongst the world’s most dynamic and entrepreneurial regions to attract more business, talent and investment. At the moment this directory includes more than 1,000 startups from all over Catalonia.
What is a startup?
A startup is a company that:
- is recently established (maximum 10 years).
- is scalable with high growth potential.
- is founded by ambitious entrepreneurs, highly committed to growth.
- is innovative or technological.
- is globally market focused.
- has a company VAT No. (proposals from self-employed people are not accepted)
- should NOT merely be a consultancy/agency or developing software/apps only for others.
When a startup stops being a startup?
A startup stops being a startup when:
- it is acquired by a corporation (EXIT!).
- its shares are quoted on the stock exchange / Initial Public Offering (EXIT!).
- its product has been licensed, in case of a biotech company.
- its founders no longer have management functions and remain mere shareholders.
- it remains inactive for over 1 year.
Can’t find your startup in this directory?
We are continually updating our list of new startups so please let us know if you have recently started one. The Government of Catalonia reserves the right to reject for the directory any company that fails to qualify as a startup.
Investments and Exits in the Catalan Startup Ecosystem
We are also compiling all the investments as well as all the exits undergone/achieved by Catalan startups. These sections are also being updated regularly.
What startups are included in this database?
This directory gathers and consolidates data via internal databases from ACCIÓ, as well as other local and international sources. We also establish collaborations with sources so as to permanently identify new-born startups, which is the major challenge of this database.
- Technova Barcelona
- Angel list
- 4YFN - MWC
- Barcelona Start-up Map de Barcelona Activa
- Startup Europe Club
- Consumo Colaborativo
- Web Capital Riesgo
- Quoted in the press.
Barcelona & Catalonia Startup Hub takes no responsibility either for the business data introduced through external sources or for the updating of this data once in the directory. Any company wishing to modify or delete its data from this directory should contact us via email@example.com.
This directory is for public use and free. To reproduce it entirely or partially you should mention the ‘Barcelona & Catalonia Startup Hub’ as a source while linking it to http://startups.catalonia.com.
You can also check the rest of the legal notice.