Are you a Korean company considering a new investment? Are you interested in investing in Catalonia? Does your business need connections with the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem?
From the Catalan Government Trade & Investment office in Seoul, you get tailor-made information and full support for a smooth, fast and successful set-up of operations in Catalonia from start to finish. We also offer personalised assistance to Catalan companies wishing to open in Korean markets and find new global business opportunities.
Services to South Korean Companies
- Qualified support, insight and advice to Korean companies interested in investing in Catalonia.
- Full, practical, up-to-date information on the legal, tax and labor context.
- Introduction to the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem.
- In-depth information on financing and location possibilities.
- Help with the right steps to get started in Catalonia.
- Ongoing support throughout all the phases of the investment project.
- Promotion of strategic business alliances between Korean and Catalan companies.
- Identification and location of Catalan technology partners for joint R&D and innovation projects.
- Help source suppliers, manufacturing partners, technology providers or any other local company to fulfill a specific need.
Korean Companies in Catalonia
A number of Korean companies are already settled in Catalonia. Among them Daewoo Electronics, Hanwha Solar, Hyosung Motos, LG, Miwon, Samsung, KT Corporation, or Vatech. Some of them have been assessed by Catalonia Trade & Investment.
- Miwon has decided to begin its European expansion setting up a subsidiary in the town of Manresa in the centre of Catalonia. The factory will specialise in the firm’s most specialised products, providing monomers, polymers and oligomers to clients both in Europe and in the rest of the world.
- KT Corporation chose Barcelona to kick off international sales of its new technological device.
Catalan companies in South Korean
A number of Catalan companies are already settled in South Korean, among them Applus, Werfen or Punto Fa.
Our Team in Seoul
Ms Jang Mi Baek, director of Seoul office, has a degree in Law and a Master in Business Legal Advice and International Relations. She worked as a lawyer at Clifford Chance Barcelona but since 2005 she works as an international business consultant leading cross-border investment operation in engineering, infrastructure, tourism, energy and pharmaceutic projects.