Are you an American company considering a new investment? Are you interested in investing in Catalonia? Does your business need connections with the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem?
From the Catalan Government Trade & Investment office in New York, you get tailor-made information and full support for a smooth, fast and successful set-up of operations in Catalonia from start to finish. We also offer personalised assistance to Catalan companies wishing to open in American markets and find new global business opportunities.
Services to American Companies
- Qualified support, insight and advice to American companies interested in investing in Catalonia.
- Full, practical, up-to-date information on the legal, tax and labor context.
- Introduction to the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem.
- In-depth information on financing and location possibilities.
- Help with the right steps to get started in Catalonia.
- Ongoing support throughout all the phases of the investment project.
- Promotion of strategic business alliances between American and Catalan companies.
- Identification and location of Catalan technology partners for joint R&D and innovation projects.
- Help source suppliers, manufacturing partners, technology providers or any other local company to fulfill a specific need.
American Companies in Catalonia
Over 700 American companies are already settled in Catalonia. Among them Air Products, Cargill, Coty, Dow, General Electric, HP, IBM, Ingram, Lear Corporation, Mars, Pfizer, PPG, P&G, Gates, Sellbytel Group, or Tech Data. Some of them have been assessed by Catalonia Trade & Investment.
- Coty, a perfume and cosmetic firm, invested in its plant in Granollers in a new line of roll-on deodorants.
- Booking.com, the world’s leading online hotel and accommodation reservation company, chose Barcelona for the opening of a new Customer Service Center, that operates worldwide from the Catalan capital.
- Gates, the American manufacturer of transmission belts for the automotive industry, uses an innovative manufacturing system in Catalonia. Catalonia Trade & Investment gave them support in issues related to energy efficiency and environmental impact.
- Griffith Laboratories established its new production plant in Valls. The firm is focused on the production of dry seasonings for the food industry.
- HP's global hub for the large format printing business is in Catalonia. The Global Business Centre run by the company in Sant Cugat is responsible for a number of operations in Europe and indeed worldwide. This facility also houses the firm's sales unit for Spain.
Catalan Companies in United States
Many Catalan companies are already settled in United States, among them Gas Natural, Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, Abertis, Grupo Catalana Occidente, Grifols, Roca or Puig.
Our Team in New York
Ms Clara Barreneche, director of New York office, has 15 years of experience in economic development and investment promotion. She holds a degree in Economics and a postgraduate degree in International Trade and Finance from the University of Barcelona. She also has a Master in Financial Management EAE from BarcelonaTech. She also studied at the University of Keele and the LUISS University in Rome.