Are you a Chinese company considering a new investment? Are you interested in investing in Catalonia? Does your business need connections with the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem?
From the Catalan Government Trade & Investment office in Beijing, you get tailor-made information and full support for a smooth, fast and successful set-up of operations in Catalonia from start to finish. We also offer personalised assistance to Catalan companies wishing to open in Chinese markets and find new global business opportunities.
Services to Chinese Companies
- Qualified support, insight and advice to Chinese companies interested in investing in Catalonia.
- Full, practical, up-to-date information on the legal, tax and labor context.
- Introduction to the Catalan industrial and economic ecosystem.
- In-depth information on financing and location possibilities.
- Help with the right steps to get started in Catalonia.
- Ongoing support throughout all the phases of the investment project.
- Promotion of strategic business alliances between Chinese and Catalan companies.
- Identification and location of Catalan technology partners for joint R&D and innovation projects.
- Help source suppliers, manufacturing partners, technology providers or any other local company to fulfill a specific need.
Chinese Companies in Catalonia
A number of Chinese companies are alredy settled in Catalonia. Among them Air China, Asus, Benq, China Construction Bank, Cosco Iberia, Cronos, D-Link, Haier, Keeway, Lenovo, Bluestar Silicones, Kerry Logistics, Baosteel, CCIC or Minmetals. Some of them have been assessed by Catalonia Trade & Investment.
- Lenovo opened new sales centre in Barcelona to serve over 13,000 medium-sized companies in Southern Europe, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. The company was advised by Catalonia Trade & Investment on locating in Catalonia and find premises in Barcelona.
- China Construction Bank (CCB) set up offices in Barcelona as its base of operations. Catalonia Trade & Investment gave full support and assessment to the company during the entire expansion project.
- China Certification & Inspection Group-CCIC established its first European Certification Lab in L’Hospitalet. It had the support of Catalonia Trade & Investment during the development of the projec and signed a collaboration agreement with ACCIÓ (Catalonia’s Agency for Business Competitiveness) to promote business and trade between Catalonia and China.
Catalan Companies in China
Around 200 Catalan companies are alredy settled in China, among them Grifols, Roca Sanitario, Ficosa International, Freixenet, Punto Fa or Applus Servicios Tecnológicos.
Our Team in Beijing
Mr Gao Wei, director of Beijing office since 2005, holds a degree in Business Administration from the School of Business Administration in Beijing and a Master in International Studies from the Diplomatic School of Spain. He is also graduated in economic studies by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China.