Build your ICT business in Catalonia
ICT & Mobile
High-tech and ICT companies require a dynamic and innovative business environment. That is why—with around 12,800 ICT companies, a turnover of €14,6 billion and 81,800 highly skilled workers— Barcelona is already home to many top ICT companies, successfully operating in the city.
More that 100,000 attendees and more than 2,200 companies from 200 countries have come to the Mobile World Congress 2017. This year, the GSMA Innovation City has featured more innovative mobile products and services than ever before, allowing visitors to explore and connect with the latest innovation in areas such as 5G, the Internet of Things, security and identity.
Over the last five years, Catalonia has attracted 43 foreign investment projects from life sciences sector companies, creating 2,350 jobs and representing an investment of 750 million euros. This has attracted some of the leading industry congresses and trade shows to Catalonia. ISPE 2017 Europe annual conference in Barcelona will be their best scenario to take a closer look at how industry trends will impact the pharmaceutical industry
- Catalonia’s exports go over 65,000 million euros in 2016, the highest figure so far on record
- Minister Baiget opens the European hub in Barcelona of the French technology firm Criteo, which has created 250 jobs
- The American Take-Two acquires the Catalan startup videogame Social Point
- Record 2.2 million containers pass through the Port of Barcelona in 2016
- The Catalan economy grew 3.5% in 2016 thanks to dynamic industrial performance
- Amazon to open distribution centre on Oct 4
- Ultra-high voltage research picks Terrassa
- The Catalan Government announces the opening of six new worldwide foreign Trade and Investment Offices in 2017