April 2013.- With an international team of more than 1.500 skilled and experienced engineers and technical experts specializing in automotive product development, Applus+ Idiada offers design, testing, engineering, and homologation services to the automotive industry worldwide. It offers experience in management of large projects and complete solutions for automotive engineering.
- Engineering: Active and passive safety, powertrain (integration, engine calibration, CNG onversion, alternative fuels, anti-pollution systems), electric and electronics, noise, vibration and harshness, HVAC and thermal comfort, durability and reliability...
- Homologation: Worldwide homologation and certification of motorcycles, helmets and visors, passenger cars and light commercial vehicles, trucks, buses and coaches, trailers and semitrailers, special vehicles, different components...
- Proving ground testing: Applus IDIADA proving ground is the most comprehensive independent proving ground in Europe. Excellent climatic conditions allow for year-round testing. It offers first-class test tracks and fully-equipped confidential workshops. At Applus IDIADA confidentiality and security are of the highest priority. The complex is designed to easily monitor all movement.
- Testing facility design: Consulting services for complete project management of automotive testing facilities, from feasibility studies to commissioning
Complete development projects
Applus+ Idiada offers development led by vehicle functionalities and performance. It includes comprehensive engineering capabilities for turnkey vehicle development projects at international level:
- Concept Finding & Benchmarking
- Styling & Feasibility
- Package & Surfacing
- Product Engineering Design (CAD)
- Product Engineering Simulation (CAE)
- Development Test
IDIADA, holding a leading position in international automotive R&D, is currently involved in the following areas: Electric vehicle, Integrated safety, KID-SHELL (safety issues arising in children between seven and twelve years old when travelling as motorcycle passengers), Road infrastructure (advanced communication systems, new materials and new profiles) and V2X.
- 1971: First steps of IDIADA as “Institute for Applied Automotive Research” at the University of Catalonia (Higher Engineering School).
- 1990: Spin-off from the University and creation of IDIADA as an independent company belonging 100% to the Regional Government of Catalonia.
- 1999: Privatization and creation of IDIADA Automotive Technology SA belonging 80% to Applus+ and 20% to the Regional Government of Catalonia.
Idiada set up offices in Seoul in 1997 and in Germany in 1998. But it wasn’t until 2003, when the true international expansion of Applus+ Idiada really began. Currently the company is an international network of subsidiaries and branch offices in America, Asia and Europe. Its presence in 20 countries ensures customers will be given speedy and tailor-made services.
Applus+ Idiada is present in Brazil, USA, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Spain, Turkey, UK and Saudi Arabia, India, Japan, Russia, Taiwan, South Korea, Thailand, Malaysia and China.
In China, a few weeks ago, Applus+ IDIADA acquired EDI, a company specializing in automotive design and engineering. This operation will allow it to increase its technical capabilities and grow to a staff of 165 people in China, as well as expanding its presence with new facilities to Lushou, in addition to those already in Shanghai, Beijing, Chanchug, Chongquing and Guangzhou.
All information about APPLUS+ IDIADA included in this article (text and images) is from their website: http://www.applusidiada.com/en/